West Pool Renovations begin!
Yay, it's "go" time! The pool company has started the re-model, and boy, it will be nice. The work progression goes like this: New finish, new ladders and rails, new gutter tiles, new deck pavers, and a new fence!
We've also received the updated surveys on order for the new pier! What a spectacular time to call Terra Mar home!
Regarding the previous posts about BOATS IN YARDS: We're about to sell out of storage space to rent, so the remaining stragglers may need to find spots outside of the community. We expect CODE ENFORCEMENT to handle the next wave of the cleanup in the village. Please call or email us if you have any questions about this matter. We're always happy to help!
Until next time - stay safe and healthy, Terra Mar!
A lot has happened, and it's time for another update!
1. The storage area looks great, and we are beginning to run out of room! Please check with Jerry to secure your spot as they are going quickly.
2. Our recent Paving projects on Indian River Dr, Dolphin, Red Bass and Whiting still look great!. Our contractor, D2, based right here in Edgewater, did an excellent job! If you need more parking space at your house, please get in touch with us, and we'll help you with your plans.
3. All the lighting projects look great. Down by the east pool, the front entrance, clubhouse, bell, bougainvillea wall, grill, and palm trees got the complete treatment. Come on down some evening and see for yourself!
4. The west pool contractor is yet to show up, but we are staying on them! UPDATE: THEY JUST CALLED AND MOVED US TO APRIL DUE TO LACK OF MATERIAL AND LOSS OF CREW. When the water warms up, we should be enjoying a complete pool "marcite" refinish, tiles, ladders, new pool deck, and new fencing!
5. We are still working with the Army Core and Volusia County on the BRAND NEW PIER! Please don't count the days on this one because it will be a SLOW PROCESS. However, the money is set aside like anything else, and the day will finally come!
6. Front entrance State DOT and County improvements. It's that time again to ask the DOT to grant us a slow down lane! Please coordinate your requests through the front office by reaching out to us here firstname.lastname@example.org Diane will give you instructions on who to email or updates as we get them in. Please be reasonable with us on this request - we do not own US1 or the front entrance road which is Volusia County. Like the fishing pier - anything that needs government oversight requires lot's of patience!!
Now is the time to ask for your help. While we enlarged our storage area, it seemed OK, On A TEMPORARY BASIS, to allow a small number of boats and extra vehicles to clutter our yards. Now is the time to clean up your yard before there is no more room in the community! Here are some friendly reminders on how to create permanent storage on your property:
Driveways must be county and park approved, made of concrete, blacktop, or "county" approved pavers. Boats need to be stored under a carport-like structure.
You will likely see County and Terra Mar people working with your neighbors on the cleanup over the next month or so. We have a couple of suggestions for anyone who needs a bid: D2 is an excellent paving company with competitive prices. Even more important - they show up and do the job on time and within budget! Also, Stevens Construction does a beautiful job of building carports and boat storage for the best price. Their schedule is busy, so don't hesitate to contact them early, and don't forget to bring your plans for approval. Please email your "plans" to email@example.com
Happy Spring Terra Mar! KJW
Here's a quick update and some cool dock fish pics.
1. The west pool renovations are scheduled for first week of February, followed by new pavers, followed by new fencing. Fingers crossed the contractors deliver on time and as promised!
2. The new pier project is stalled in permitting. The County would not accept the State submerged land lease survey - so another survey has been ordered adding time and thousands more to the project. We don't expect this project to move quickly since there are many chef's in the kitchen (bureaucrat's) and many more details to be sorted.
3. We've received renewed complaints about confusion after the RA meetings. One resident came to us in particular and was really upset and annoyed that he had been lied to and duped. Please remember, the RA is a social club - they have nothing to do with Terra Mar business.
Onto the fish pics! Look at these beauties:
WHAT A YEAR IT HAS BEEN
The world is changing and changing fast! The good news is that TMV remains alive and better than ever in this constantly changing world.
Improvements: So far this year we've checked off the boxes of several very expensive and nice community wide improvements. We've done road and drainage improvements, finished a quality remodel of the storage yard, brought in tons and tons of coquina shell by the waterfront, and upgraded our outdoor lighting.
Further plans include:
West pool complete makeover - new plaster, tiles, bullnose, AND an expanded pool deck made from super pretty and modern pavers!
East and West Pool Fencing - we are in the process of contracting for new pool fences to remove the chain link and update to a more modern and beautiful aluminum two rail fence system.
Fishing pier - we are in the process of getting quotes for a full pier makeover. New decking, flow through gates, and other enhancements are in the works for 2022!
People - TMV is please to welcome Debra Wurdeman as Terra Mar's executive assistant. Debra comes from years in the title insurance industry and her skills will be put to use in helping Management deal with the ever changing landscape with all the delays and extra costs brought on by the pandemic and labor shortage.
Prices - It comes as no surprise that almost all prices have gone through the roof! Projects, supplies, food, gas, general staples, and most of all - finding good people to show up to work are the challenges of this post Covid world. Unfortunately, it looks like higher and higher prices have no end in site. With the worlds politicians giving away free money (stimulus), encouraging people to stay home and do nothing with never ending government subsidies, while spending the trillions and trillions of fake money, quantitative easing, asset balance sheet purchases, raising the government debt ceiling, unlimited deficit spending, and trillions more of infrastructure bills, we are all in for a very bumpy and expensive ride!
The great news is that home prices in Terra Mar have skyrocketed! More than 30% appreciation for many of our well kept properties. And with almost 50 news homes in the Village we are all but sold out. We are all very blessed that the market sees and appreciates the great value our community offers in a world where prices seem to go up by the minute.
OMG what a Christmas present! Check out Andy Fontaine's catch and release MONSTER redfish caught from the Community Pier on Friday night, Dec. 25, 2020! Congratulations to Andy on such a fantastic catch!
TMVRA christmas toy drive
I would like to thank the residents of Terra Mar Village for the generous
donations of food and toys. This has been the best year yet. The toys were picked up this morning for Toys for Tots and he couldn't believe the amount we collected. The whole back of his truck was full plus the back seat.
I special thanks to all of those you took the time to decorate their golf carts, Santa wagon, Santa and his helpers. Also those that helped unload the vehicles
Thank you one and all.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
coronavirus relief fund
Florida Housing Finance Corporation Coronavirus Relief Fund
The Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF) is a portion of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act passed by Congress and signed into law by the President in March 2020 in response to the economic fallout from the COVID-19 pandemic. Governor Ron DeSantis authorized $120 million of Florida’s CRF allocation to Florida Housing Finance Corporation (Florida Housing) to assist renter and homeowner households that have been negatively impacted by the coronavirus pandemic.
We recently confirmed that CRF funds can be used by Terra Mar Village home homeowners and tenants to pay monthly lot rent, home rent, home loan payments, and for emergency repairs.
Florida households with income up to 120% of the area median income (AMI) that can demonstrate their incomes have been adversely impacted due to the COVID-19 pandemic and are having difficulty paying housing expenses are eligible for CRF assistance.
The CRF Fund for impacted homeowners and renters is being administered by the local State Housing Partnership Program (SHIP). If you have tenants that are not paying rent or who are having difficulty paying rent, you should provide them information about the Coronavirus Relief Fund.
Additional information, including contact information for the SHIP office in your area is available through the following link - https://www.floridahousing.org/about-florida-housing/coronavirus-relief-fund-for-florida-housing-s-impacted-homeowners-and-renters
You may also contact Florida Housing’s toll-free Coronavirus Relief Fund Information Line at 1-888-362-7885. The call center is available Monday – Friday 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Stay healthy and safe TMV,
COVID 19 UPDATE: COMMON AREA OPENINGS
Effective Saturday, May 23, 2020 we are pleased to anounce that all amenities at Terra Mar Village will reopen under the following CDC guidelines. Residents must accompany guests and all people are advised of the following:
Dear Residents of Terra Mar Village,
On April 1, 2020, Governor Ron DeSantis issued Executive Order Number 20-91- Essential Services and Activities During COVID- 19 Emergency. The order is effective at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, April 3, 2020, and expires on April 30, 2020, unless extended.
This stay-at-home order requires all persons in Florida to limit their movements and personal interaction outside of their home to only those necessary to obtain or provide essential services or conduct essential activities.
The order allows the continuation of “essential services.” It encompasses the list detailed by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in its Guidance on the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce, V. 2 (March 28, 2020).
The Department of Homeland Security Guidance clarifies that housing construction operations and residential property management are considered “essential,” which means they are critical to public health, safety, economic security, or national security.
This clarification encompasses Terra Mar Village operations, including leasing, property management, as a housing provider.
The Department of Homeland Security Guidance states the following are essential services:
• Workers who are responsible for the management, maintenance, and leasing of residential housing services to individuals and families.
• Workers performing housing construction-related activities to ensure additional housing units can be made available to combat the nation’s existing housing supply shortage.
Furthermore, the order is clear that participating in recreational activities (consistent with social distancing guidelines) such as walking, biking, hiking, fishing, hunting, running, or swimming are allowed.
Therefore, for now, the Common Areas of Terra Mar Village remain open for RESIDENTS ONLY.
Stay safe and healthy Terra Mar!
Karl J. Warner, President
Terra Mar Village, LLC
COVID 19 AND THE COMMON AREAS
As of April 1, 2020, no GUESTS MAY USE the common areas. For now, the common areas will REMAIN OPEN to properly registered Residents of Terra Mar Village. Please make sure you display your Terra Mar Village window sticker. Vehicles without window stickers may be towed without notice.
Please contact Diane Husmann should you need to update your window stickers at 386-957-1992 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Repeat offenders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
We are sorry to limit the use of the common areas in this way. However, the welfare of our community is our utmost goal.
Stay safe and stay well.
Sincerely, Karl J. Warner, Manager
Terra Mar Village, LLC
KJW: Father, Family, Pilot, General Manager of TMV, LLC