Several new lot purchasers have asked: If they purchase two lots but only put up one home - could they receive a break on their amenity fee?
What a great question!
First - I checked with the county and found that with minimal fees and paperwork - two adjoining lots can be consolidated onto one tax bill! By doing so - the Resident gives up the right to build another home (for now). However, they may qualify to make other improvements to the lot with proper approvals and permitting.
And to reiterate. The "owner of record" STILL PAYS PROPERTY TAX FOR TWO LOTS - it's just on one tax bill. There is no magic way to get out of taxes (or amenity fees).
The second detail is whether or not Terra Mar could extend a discount? After all, the community was platted for over 300 lots in three sections, and the deeded right to use the waterfront and amenities is conditioned by payment of the monthly fee. So, like the tax bill, even if two lots are combined - the fact remains that the Resident still owns two lots!
The result! Terra Mar Village is pleased to offer a 50% discount subject to some pretty straightforward conditions:
1. This offer has a limited timeframe. Current owners have until January 1, 2019, to apply with Terra Mar Village for the 50% discount.
2. The lots must be adjoining and taxed on one bill.
3. Both lots must have been purchased from Terra Mar Village.
4. The primary lot must pay FMV ($125 per month) before the second lot can be discounted to $63 per month for one year.
5. The amenity payments must remain current. Any default reverts the amounts owed on both lots to FMV as contracted and deed restricted.
6. Like any promotion, we reserve the right to cancel this offer at any time, and other unforeseen conditions may apply.
Please don't delay! All you need to do is email Diane and she will handle the details for you.
Happy Holidays from our family to yours!
KJW: Father, Family, Pilot, General Manager of TMV, LLC