Check out the lively events in this months calendar put out for you by your awesome Terra Mar Village Social Club!
This Saturday is the Pancake Breakfast from 8-11 am. Excellent breakfast with pancakes, scrambled eggs, toast, bacon or sausage, coffee, orange juice, tea. And the cost is only $5.00. Call Don at 315-323-2610.
Also, each year members of the community get together and go out for Easter Dinner at a restaurant. This year, as in previous years, Janet Lafond will be handling the details. The restaurant will be Dixie Crossroads in Titusville, and the date is Easter Sunday, April 1st. For reservations call Janet at 386-210-4186. She needs to have a list ready for the restaurant by March 25th. Please call if interested.
Don't forget if you are coming to the St. Patrick's Day dinner, please call Karleen at 386-345-0415 or Pauline 386-210-4151. The deadline is fast approaching.
Wednesday the RA will be holding our annual Valentine's Day Italian dinner. If you have not called yet, please call Pauline @ 386-210-4151 or Marion @ 386-210-4090. Cost is $6 per person.
We are excited to share that we continue to visit with Resident Association (RA) board members each week, usually on Tuesday. These meetings are an excellent way to keep each other informed. We realize that the RA enjoys making suggestions, so we use this time to listen, educate, and stay current.
Even though we are the RA's largest financial and informational contributor, we are not blinded by the fact that on some issues, the RA's perspective is a minority one. We also realize through DIRECT interaction with you that on other issues we all agree. Therefore, all Residents should feel free to speak DIRECTLY to us while giving what you can to the RA; in money, intellect, and time.
Having options and choices is what makes a purely voluntary group, like the RA, so great! Unlike some parks, no Resident is forced to join or have their voice translated indirectly through an interpreter. However, EVERY RESIDENT IS WELCOME AND ENCOURAGED TO JOIN THE RA KNOWING THEY ARE ENCOURAGED TO GET THEIR INFO ABOUT TERRA MAR DIRECTLY TO US! Direct access to management and a healthy and vibrant social calendar IS the BEST of both worlds!
Please stop by and say hi to Linda, or drop Diane an email, call the office, schedule an appointment with Jerry, write us a note or better yet, give us a Communication Form. Whatever's on your mind, we are EASY GOING and HAPPY to discuss. Please don't allow yourself to be confused or even worse mislead by second-hand info or gossip. DIRECT conversation is the best conversation!
Like YOU - We love our Community, and we love our jobs.
Have fun TMV and get involved if you want to: Check out this month's Social Calendar below! ~KJW~
Yesterday I spoke with FEMA. I won't bore you with the minutiae of details, except to say the application experience is akin to a root canal without novocaine. After months of waiting, by the end of the day, I was promised a bid! Yay!
Later on I received the call (keep in mind this is supposed to be a low-interest disaster "relief" loan): The quote: 6.9% interest, seven year payback, AND FEMA won't accept a lien on the pier for their collateral, they want my personal home collateral!
Not knowing what you might know about this sort of thing I'll write it out. Most people could finance a ten-year-old KIA and get better rate and terms then this, from a used car street broker! Seems "Uncle Sam" has gotten into the loan shark business, so needless to say I declined their offer.
So, onto the good news:
1. WE DID NOT WAIT FOR FEMA,
2. Terra Mar's beautiful dock is back in business,
3. There were no assessments garnished on YOU!
4. There was no HOA or Government bureaucracy to further bog down the process of finding help, forcing parks to borrow money at used car interest rates, and then assessing the homeowners to make up the difference (which is what we understand most of the parks around us have to do to their residents in order to finance and pay for the repairs).
Come on down and enjoy. The lights are on and the shrimp will be running soon!
The following are some upcoming projects you can look forward to seeing accomplished around the Village!
1. Management and the RA (Resident Association aka "social club") are working on placement of a "Memorial Tree," planted in memory of our community family who has passed away.
2. The RA is also working on a replacement sign (damaged by IRMA) welcoming you to the neighborhood social activities!
3. Management is updating and further improving common area security cameras.
4. The Pier is back open, Yay! Even still, the community owner wants more and is getting ready to allocate even more money into an action plan to make TMV's iconic fishing pier the best on the National Park archipelago!
5. New HOMES, New HOMES, New HOMES (Check out the new video and beautiful homes here: www.terramarvillage.com/for-sale--rent.html). Why are new homes vital to you? "Sales" liquidates money that can be "plowed back" by the owner into Terra Mar! And, "new home" sales create more comps which help drive property values while spreading amongst many instead of few, the high costs of community expenses!
+ The best New Homes AND Prices on the River
+ NO LOT RENT
+ NO bureaucratic HOA
+ NO FMV rate increases for 2018
+ NO hurricane disaster assessments for IRMA
+ A professional management team
+ An owner/operator who spends his money on Community infrastructure and improvements instead of yours
+ And, the many planned, fun, and active social activities put on by your volunteer Resident Association and their Social Committee!
++++++++ TMV IS THE PLACE TO BE ++++++++
Just a few reminders for this upcoming week:
If you plan on coming to the Christmas Dinner and have not made a reservation , please call Marion (386-210-4090) or Pauline (386-210-4151).
The Cookie distribution will take place this Thursday at 11 am. If you wish to donate cookies or want to deliver them, please come to the club house at 11:00 am.
Game Night will not be held this week or next. It will start up again after the holidays.
Finally, the Decoration Contest will take place this Saturday evening. If you want to participate, don't forget to turn on your decorations when it gets dark. The judges will be riding around the Park to see all the decorations. Publix gift cards will be given as prizes. The winners will be announced at the Christmas Dinner (you don't have to be present to win).
Thanks for your time. Happy Holidays to all!
KJW: Father, Family, Pilot, General Manager of TMV, LLC